The International Studies Institute offers an internationally recognized study abroad program that is firmly rooted in the American liberal arts tradition. ISI Florence aims to:
The Institute is committed to:
- providing a rewarding academic program that educates students in the context of a friendly and safe foreign environment;
- creating an engaging academic and social framework that inspires participation, exploration, and a genuine desire to embrace new cultural experiences;
- giving students the opportunity to interact with a distinguished community that encourages intellectual tolerance and cross-cultural awareness, an environment where students can appreciate, learn from, and contribute to fellow program participants and the local community;
- maintaining well-equipped academic facilities and a world-class student services team to nurture and support students in their study abroad experience;
- offering an increasingly diversified curriculum that challenges the students to engage in a variety of extra- and co-curricular activities drawing on the numerous cultural and educational resources of Italy;
- partnering with full-time and visiting faculty comprised of distinguished, dedicated, and nationally recognized professors who motivate students to acquire new skills, habits, and intellectual interests that will fuel them for the rest of their lives.